With May right around the corner, we all know that things will probably be a little crazy for a few weeks. There is Mother's Day, college finals, graduations (kindergarten, middle school, junior high, high school, and college), end-of-year banquets and proms, all while preparing for summer plans for the kids and family vacations! It can be a tad overwhelming for our bodies and our pocket books! Whether you're the mom running all the errands, or the college student taking finals, this quick and easy recipe will be easy on your budget and give you a quick fix that will have the whole family smiling!
Chicken, Bean, Cilantro Soup
- 6 cups of chicken broth ($2.34 at Walmart)
- 3-4 frozen chicken breasts (A lot of people keep this on hand, if you really need it quick and cheap you can substitute a couple of cans of drained chicken chunks - $2.38 at Walmart)
- 1 Whole bunch of Cilantro leaves (usually around $2)
- 2 Cans of White northern beans (Drained; <$1) If you want the soup a little thicker you can mix in some red kidney beans as well
- 1 jar of Great Value Salsa Verde ($2.48)
- 1 Tbls. of Cumin
- Lime Juice (optional)All you have to do is dump the ingredients in the crockpot and cook for 6 hours on high! Serve over rice.Optional Toppings: Feta Cheese Crumbles, Avocado slicesThis adds up to just $14.58 and it will serve 10-15 depending on serving size! My husband likes a filling meal and he LOVES this soup. This is also great reheated. I love it as a Monday Meal and then leftovers for lunch the rest of the week.I hope you find it as tasty as I did!!! Let us know what you think in the comments!